Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Opportunities

Took leave yesterday to attend an interview at the eastern part of Singapore with a Japanese Company, Y.

Had a hard time taking leave because there was some technical problems with an environment which is not under my care and nor can I help much. Managed to smoke saying that I have family matters to attend to and I certainly cannot change the date.

The interview went pretty smooth but overall it took me close to 2 hours to finish it. 15 minutes to complete form, 15 minutes wait, 30 minutes of written test, 15 minutes of waiting and 30 minutes of an interview by an Indian lady and Japanese man. Talking to the Japanese is a killer as I have to speak slowly and his English is too soft and not really understandable. Overall, the interview went pretty good and I feel confident. Nonetheless it is up to the interviewers to determine whether will I be accepted.

After the interview, I went next door to another company to pick up a goodie bag for helping with a survey. The liaison person, after hearing what I was there for, offered me to join his current company as there are a few vacancies. So far no news from him. Lunch time today, the girl from P call me again, telling me to go for another interview but I am unable to take leave till like last week of March due to my boss.

Hoping to land a few more interviews and then hopefully find a new job and leave here.

No comments: