Monday, March 20, 2006

Lousy friday and boss

Yet another lousy Friday. My Fridays are getting worse and worse. A lot of things will definitely happen or boss putting unreasonable requests again.

I was seated on the bus already and boss call me twice. Codes for program were changes and testing could not be ended on time on Friday. She wanted me to come back on Saturday to help compile and release the program in. It was pointless as I was needed for a simple thing and I may have to stay quite long for it.

I tried to reject it but informing her that I will be out and sleeping later and will not be able to wake up on time for it. It was scheduled for me to come back at 11am but on hearing that excuse, she said 11.30am. Hey 30 minutes are not making much difference and you think a miracle will happened and I will be fresher and wake up in time? Lucky D managed to convince her that they can test everything fine and I will be needed on Monday morning only.

End of the story is that they stayed back till 9+, bug fixed, tested okay, morning I compiled and tested okay and finally sent to ops. Conclusion, do not, on your whim, ask people to come back on weekend as it is precious rest time and also especially when you yourself are not affected.

No comments: