Thursday, April 28, 2005

5.6 km run and a lost card pouch

Nope. I did not lose my card pouch during the 5.6km run. Rather I lost it before the run.

Yesterday was the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge., a 5.6km run. Due to the slow traffic and a considerable distance which I has to cover before reaching the start point, I was kinda on time to be at the start point at 6pm. Starting was bad, as the whole path is congested with people. Further down the road, it was easier and I started to jog/run. Due to many ppl walking instead of jogging/running, it was hard to navigate the human maze and at times, I have to stop because I cannot find a way through easily. After lots of stops and starts, my stamina waned and I could not really run and had to stop at times to rest a bit. It does not help when I developed a stitch and hardly can't run. In all, I took 48 minutes 30 seconds to finish the distance, an average of 8.4 minutes per km. A timing which can definitely be improved.
Sidenote : I reckon I took about 5 minutes to reach the actual start point since I am way behind the start point. This will make it to about 7.5 minutes per km. Not that impressive but not that way off of my average 6 minutes per km during NS time (10 km run).

Before the run, I lost my card pouch. I lost it during either from the bus to my home or my home to the bus stop. It contains my credit cards, my atm card and my ezlink card. The cards can be cancelled except for ezlink card for which i suffered a loss of around $20 while the pouch costs me around $30+. Sigh. If I have go for the run straight from office, I will not have suffer this loss. Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise and averted any other misfortunes I may have encountered.

No comments: