Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Theology or something else?

Quoted from E's blog
My brother asked me why did God allow this to happen? I can only offer that His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
This is a good question and a pathetic answer in my view.

Even though I am a Buddhist, I may offer the same answer. A probable answer is that it is time for them to go and the cycle of life has claimed them. In a way I do not question Buddha's actions but believed in Karma. Christians can also view it in this way but they will probably add that either they will end in hell or heaven depending on whether they embraced God and truly repented.

This is not going to be a religious debate but the thoughts that entered my mind when I read it from E's blog.

I took Geography for my GCE 'O' Levels and in a geologist's mind, this is probably Earth's response to over-population and taking its own way to reduce population on Earth. Cleansing if you allow me to speak this word.

No matter what is thre real reason, may the deceased rest in peace and the survivors live with heart.

No comments: