Friday, September 30, 2005

Pre-emptive strike

No. Not me launching a pre-emptive strike on my boss with regards to my job and contract.

Yesterday I was only applying for leave on Wednesday for a day of relax and fun which is my birthday too. Then she wanted to talk to me about something. She launches into a small contract talk, asking whether do I want to stay on, how long more to my contract ends. Also said, CLY and her are in the middle of planning to convert me to staff, contract or perm, I don't know. And I will be informed once things are firmed up.

Gosh, my pre-emptive strike in the next few weeks is gone. Wanted to surprise her that my contract is ending and I like to convert to at least to contract staff or even perm if possible. Given a short amount of time and shock, I will have more bargaining powers. Now, she got the advantage as I cannot go demand how it is since she already told me that in the process already. I can now only ask pretty late and say, how long it is going to take. so sadz..

No comments: