Thursday, August 18, 2005

Good and Bad Experience found in the same restaurant

Renn Thai Restaurant in Suntec City

A and I went to Renn Thai last night for dinner. We decide to give the restaurant a try as the food seems nice and prices are reasonable.

The food is indeed good as it tastes quite good and value for money. Environment is not bad and a bit cozy. This is the good experience encountered in a new restaurant.

The bad side? Be prepared to wait up to at least 40 minutes for your food. Yes. 40 minutes. You must be thinking that I probably waited for 10-30 minutes outside the restaurant queueing inclusive. Sorry, this is totally wrong! The restaurant was half full and most of the customers are already served. A and I only ordered 2 main dishes and 2 drinks but it still took an amazing 40 minutes for them to serve a main dish and 10 minutes later to serve the other dish. Halfway through my meal, I decide to order the mango salad first which I forgot to order earlier on. 20 minutes after it, both A and I finished our meals already and the wait for a mango salad took so long, we decide to cancel the order and leave.

You maybe thinking why I rant on for so much while I only listed the good side of it. Hey, the food is the only redeeming factor here. This is a restaurant which has its main branch in Ngee Ann City and is located at Suntec City. Such poor service is not exactly tolerated. We spent 1.5 hr in the restaurant, just to have a 10 minute meal. This is absurd.

Please do not patronise this restaurant unless it is near empty or you are not hungry yet. then again, why are you in a restaurant if you are not hungry?

No comments: