Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Issue with Employee blogging?

During our lunchtime break, the guys and I were talking a bit abt blogs. A small conclusion is that blogs belong to students, not working or in short, not working.

Why this conclusion? Generally, this is due to employees having blogs which may contains some work sensitive stuff. I am not talking about confidential work information but rather comments or remarks which fellow colleagues or bosses may read and eventually find out the blog is talking abt them. The comments and remarks mentioned here are of course, not pleasant and so on and so forth.

With this, I joined the conversation that self-censorship is important and names etc are to be omitted to prevent discovery, esp if you are not talking abt good stuff abt them.

However, with this statement, I think of myself. Yap, I did say a fair amt of work related stuff but generally they are censored to a certain extent. which should be still quite okies.

With the conversation in mind, how much should be revealed in a blog? This is a fine line to tread, esp with a few lawsuits had been filed with in regards to such situations. I believe it is important to watch what you say and not rant on like a personal diary. This diary is exposed to the whole community to read and know!

No comments: